CREATIVE DIRECTOR – Film & Video
Ultramarine Films seeks a freelance Creative Director (Film & Video) to work on a wide range of projects including; short-form commercial films, campaign content for global brands and ‘pitch-projects’ that specifically target new business.
The Creative Director must turn simple briefs into superb creative assets.
The ideal applicant will have a proven professional track-record of ideation, concepting, and creative copywriting (perhaps the most important core strength).
In addition, they will have a first-class showreel of commercial film and video projects that have won acclaim and reached global audiences.
This is a hands-on role that requires the Creative Director (Film & Video) to ensure the success of every phase of a creative project end-to end; from research and ideation; to refinement and pitch delivery; through production & post-production.
• Report to the Executive Producer
• Turn briefs into superb creative assets
• Deliver Creative Concepts via concepting, copy writing and pitch producing
• Build creative concepts according to stakeholder & budget requirements
• Manage storyboard artists, video editors & graphic designers on pitch campaigns
• Manage film & video production & post-production teams to produce world class content
• Make the complex, simple: both for our policy-driven clients, and our creative teams
Key Skills Required:
• Proven Creative Director background (a mixed project portfolio from different clients).
• Proven experience of creative project management and high-profile client servicing
• Mastery of English Language (written and spoken)
• A strong aesthetic / writing sense with proven conceptual and brainstorming skills
• Ability to carry out a concept from start to end & guide those on your team to do the same
• Ability to schedule effectively and to work to tight deadlines
• Cross-Platform Intelligence (Adobe expertise essential)
• Great organizational skills with the ability to deliver both quality & quantity
• Strong knowledge of platform/industry/creative trends and digital best practices
• Ability to come up with (and present) strong concepts for copy/visuals
• Professional understanding of creative production processes (film & video)
• Proven interpersonal skills with ability to adapt communication across teams.
• Ability to adapt quickly and simplify complexity
• A proactive, positive and hands-on team player and communicator
Please ensure your application includes a current CV which includes links to relevant work.