An experienced Photographer / Archivist is required for a minimum 2-year contract based in Doha, Qatar. The photographer / archivist is required to work with in-house production teams to capture photographic assets for internal and external distribution - often working independently - as well as overseeing the library of assets for an international sporting corporation.
The photographer / archivist will be required to be based in Doha, Qatar, however, they must be willing and prepared to work internationally at short notice, for short periods of time, as required.
Pay is internationally competitive and is commensurate with experience.
Much of the sporting organisation’s content already reaches a global audience. That audience will only grow in the coming years. We are looking for a Photographer / Archivist with the vision and technical skill capable of raising production values and expanding the organisations audience even further across the world.
Specific experience of filming high-quality international broadcast content within the contemporary world of elite sports will be considered an advantage.
Please only apply if you have a valid and clean passport and are willing & able to work in the State of Qatar.
Knowledge of Arabic and other languages is an advantage
Applicants must have a passport with at least 6 months validity.
All applicants must provide online links to recent broadcast documentary programmes they have filmed in their application emails as well reference contact details. We request that all CV's include valid references and telephone numbers.
Due to the time pressures associated with our production schedule only short-listed applicants will receive a response.
- Photography for corporate, sports, and general events.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders as required.
- Manage internal processes for delivery of requirements.
- Create hierarchy and tag framework for library of unsorted assets.
- Ingest and catalogue incoming assets.
- Organise and maintain a structure of all digital media assets.
- Manage access and permissions to the library for internal and external users.
- Advise and train users on how to best use the archive.
- Identify potential subject areas for growth based on the organisation’s needs.
- Log and maintain status of IP rights for assets.
- Research and gather additional media assets for specific projects.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to gather available media.
- Manage specific media-gathering projects.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- 8+ years’ experience with photography.
- Extensive experience with sports photography.
- 3+ years’ experience working with a shared asset management system.
- Prior experience working in Qatar.