We’re looking for a talented and experienced Colourist to join our high-end, content production team based in Doha, Qatar.
This role requires a highly organised technical artist who is capable of collaborating with a dynamic post-production team and external resources to ensure on-schedule and on-budget delivery of a wide range of content projects.
We’re looking for a Colourist who can create & deliver stunning images that will electrify international audiences. You should possess an artist’s vision and a commanding knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software (particularly Premiere) and Da Vinci Resolve.
The role requires a focused, hardworking professional who is committed to consistently delivering first-class work. You will need to be able to remain calm and professional within a fast-paced environment with occasional tight turnaround deadlines.
Applicants must have at least 3 years Colourist credits and have a proven track record of coordinating broadcast video & film post-production projects; ideally within either a broadcasting organisation or independent professional post-production facility.
Command of English language is essential (written & oral). Knowledge of Arabic and/or other languages is an advantage.
Applicants must have a passport with at least 6 months' validity.
We request that all applicants send CV's that include links to recent work as well as valid references (complete with reference contact email & telephone numbers).
Due to the time pressures associated with our production schedule only short-listed applicants will receive a response.
- Fulfilling lead digital colourist duties on a wide variety of video projects.
- Delivering master-quality video for DPP, DCP and various web-based formats
- Accurately conforming EDLs, AAFs, and XMLs from NLE systems to DaVinci Resolve in preparation for a colour grade.
- Preparing timelines, colour tracing, shot balancing and shot matching
- Working collaboratively with the post-production, creative and production teams to create outputs of the highest quality.
- Providing constant creative and technical input throughout every project
- Grading a variety of content, demanding extensive colour application
- Maintenance of databases and workflow systems
- Facilitate the resolution of all technical issues for delivery.
- Solve any problems when technical issues arise, or delivery mishaps occur.
- Coordinate with the producers to facilitate project documents, purchase orders, invoicing, coding and the tracking of costs for all Post orders.
- Work closely with the producers and project managers to deliver projects on time.
- Work closely with the internal production teams and localisation team to facilitate final delivery.
- Liaises, when necessary, with external production partners to facilitate delivery.
- Quality check final exports of the videos before their delivery.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- 3+ years’ experience working as a lead colourist on a wide variety of projects
- Extensive knowledge of pre, post, and production timelines and workflows.
- Expert level DaVinci Resolve skillset
- Expert level Adobe Creative Suite skillset
- Expert professional video workflow skillset
- Expert professional post-production system hardware skillset
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to multi-task on simultaneous projects.
- Excellent English is written and oral communication skills;
- Outstanding project management skills.
- Working knowledge of Windows, OSX, and all MS Office Applications.
Minimum 3 Years